Guest Policies and Procedures
Guests are welcome at BMC, however, guests must be accompanied by a member or have appropriate Family Guest cards to access Club facilities and activities. Guest cards should be carried at all times and must be available to present to Club personnel upon entering/accessing all facilities.
Accompanied Guests – Members are welcome to accompany their guests while they are using any Club facility and there is no need for Accompanied Guests to have guest cards; unless accessing the Fitness Center. Accompanied Guests pay appropriate user fees where applicable.
Family Guests – defined as the Member’s parents, grandparents, children over age 22 (and spouse) and grandchildren (and spouse).
- Family Guest cards are $10 per family member per year. Cards are issued after May 1st of each year
upon request only through Member & Guest Services located in the Administration Office.
- The member must initiate the request and acquire cards for their Family Guests. Family Guest cards are valid for up to one year and expire April 30th each year.
- Family Guests pay appropriate user fees where applicable.
Opportunities exist for others who are neither in the company of a member nor a family guest of a member to access the Club through the Transfer of Membership Program whereby active Club members are entitled to transfer their primary Club membership usage privileges on a temporary basis to another person. For more information on the Transfer of Membership Program, contact Member & Guest Services.
- Unaccompanied Guests are not permitted to access Club facilities.
- Per Board Policy, non-members who hold any ownership interest or reside in any property within Avery or Watauga counties in North Carolina may only access the Club by accompanying a Club member a maximum of 4 times per year.
- NPO Members may have Family Guests. NPO Members may invite 4 Accompanied Guests at one time at any BMC facility. No accompanied guest, regardless of member sponsor, can use BMC facilities more than 4 times in any membership year.
All cards must be arranged through and picked up at Member & Guest Services during normal operating hours.
Summer Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5pm; Saturday, 9am to 3pm
Winter Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
Family Guests are required to have their guest cards on their person at all times and must present card(s) upon entry to any Club facility.
CARDS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE ONCE ORDERED.
Transfer of Membership
If you are renting a Club member property for a week or more, a transfer of membership may be available from the Owner/Member. The benefit of a transfer instead of a guest card is that you and your family can enjoy all the amenities and most of the same privileges of a Club Member, and save on golf, tennis and fitness fees as well.
If an owner is willing to transfer their membership to you, they should complete an Application for Transfer of Membership Form prior to your arrival. On your first day, visit the Administration Office, located at the tennis campus, to receive your Transfer Membership Cards and pay the transfer fees. Your cards can be used at all Club facilities, and charges will be billed to your credit card. You will also receive a statement from the Club.