Golf courses often have to create their own local rules to adapt the game to their unique circumstances. At Beech Mountain Club, all U.S.G.A. rules apply except as modified below:
- EMBEDDED BALL RULE: A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole.
- ALTERNATIVE TO STROKE AND DISTANCE FOR LOST BALL OR OUT OF BOUNDS: When a player’s ball has not been found, is known or virtually certain to be out of bounds, the player may proceed as follows rather than proceeding under stroke in the distance. For two penalty strokes, the player may take relief by dropping the original ball or another ball in the fairway within two club-lengths of the reference point equidistant the point where the original ball was lost or last crossed the edge of out of bounds.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: If a ball lies through the green and an immovable obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the ball intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may take relief as follows: The ball must be lifted and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay that (a) is not nearer the hole, (b) avoids intervention and (c) is not in a hazard or on a putting green.
- Carts must remain on the cart paths on all par 3s and hole #16
- COURSE SAFETY: On holes where there are blind shots due to elevation changes (1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 13, 16, and 18), please ensure that the group in front has cleared the landing area before teeing off. We all have the responsibility to mitigate as much risk as possible to all members and guest on the course.
Enjoy the course!
This same information can be found on the back of the BMC Scorecard. Our YouTube Channel also provides additional explanations of each rule as they apply to features around the course.
See the holes on our course by clicking here.